ONGC Online Scholarship Applications 2016
1000 Scholarships each worth ₹ 48,000/- Per Annam
Online Scholarship Applications 2016 From to Meritorious Economically Backward General and OBC Students.
Stream wise distribution of numbers of Scholarship
|SI No.||Stream||Duration of the Course||Total No. of Scholarships||Qualifying Examination||Minimum Eligibility Marks In Qualifying Exam||Scholarship Amount (₹) Per Month|
|1||Graduate in Engineering||4 Years||600||10+2||60%||₹4000/|
|3||Masters in Geology/Geophysics||2 Years||200||Graduation||60% (Average Marks of all the years)||₹4000/-|
|4||MBA||2 Years||100||Graduation||60% (Average Marks of all the years)||₹4000/|
50 % Scholarships are Reserved for Girls Students.
Zone wise Distribution of Numbers of Scholarships
|States & Union Territory||J&K, Delhi Punjab Himachal Pradesh Haryana Chandigarh Uttarakhand Uttar Pradesh 200||Maharashtra Gujarat Rajasthan Madhya Pradesh Goa • Daman &Diu Dadar& NagarHaveli||Assam Sikkim Mizoram Arunachal Pradesh Nagaiand Manipur Meghalaya Tripura||Bihar Jharkhand Odisha Chhattisgarh West Bengal||Tamil Nadu Kerala Karnataka Andhra Pradesh Telangana Pudducherry Lakshdweep Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|No. of Scholarships||200||200||200||200||200|
- The scholarships are open for students studying in India and for Indian nationals only.
- Student should be belonging to economically backward. General and OBC categories pursuing first year of Graduate in Engineering. The scholarship scheme shall be admissible only. For pursuing student full time regular courses.
- Students pursuing four years Engineering or MBBS courses. It is two years Masters courses in Business Administration and Two years Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics are only eligible.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA in 12th class for Engineering. Similarly 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA are necessary in graduation for P.G. Courses. In case of CGPA/OGPA, conversion certificate from the College/University’ must be provided.
- the student was studying for the qualifying examination irrespective of the domicile of the student.
- The gross joint family income of the student shall not exceed 2.00 Lakhs (Rupees Two Lakhs) peryear from all sources.
- The age limit of the applicant i s maximum 30 years as on 1st September 2016 for the academic session.
- The candidates should not availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship assistance/scholarship from any other source.
- The final list of the scholarship beneficiaries shall be posted on website.
ONGC Online Scholarship Applications Form 2016 SELECTION PROCEDURE –
- Selection of the candidate will be made on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. In case of students having equal percentage in the qualifying examination. Students with lower family income shall be selected.
- Preference will be given to students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. Other students shall be considered only if sufficient numbers of students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP –
- The scholarship will cover lump sum amount of ₹4000/- per month, i.e.₹ 48,000/- per annum.
- The amount shall be paid on yearly basis after completion of the academic year. It is mandatory to fill up the ECS format and get it certified by the Bank authority. PAN card would be compulsorily required before release of scholarship amount. Students may apply and obtain their PAN cards on priority.
- Scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to next year by their respective Institute/ College/ University. For continuation of the scholarship, the student will have to send an ‘Application for renewal in the prescribed format. The student shall have to log on to www.ongcindia.com the ONGC website for applying online for the renewal process.
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently. After award of ONGC scholarship. He/ She should have to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC.
HOW TO APPLY –
- The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may apply online on ONGC’s website www.ongcindia.com.
- Date of start of online applications : 1th September2016
- Last date for online applications : 10 October 2016
- The last receiving date the duly completed application form certified by Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University is 31stOct. 2016. All the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form i.e.
- i) Mark sheet of qualifying exam. (ii) CGPA to percentage conversion certificate issued by University/College/institute (wherever applicable). (iii) Income certificate (mandatory). (iv) Caste certificate (wherever applicable). (v) BPL certificate (wherever applicable). (vi) ECS mandate form duly certified by Bank authority. (vii) PAN card
Candidates must write “ONGC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD GENERAL AND OBC CATEGORY STUDENTS” on the envelope.
Sent document given address :-
Post Box No-2091, Chennai-600 020, Tamil Nadu (INDIA)
Candidates call this Number :
Helpline numbers:- +91-7550004136 – Hindi Support, +91-7550004137- English Support
Help desk support time: 9:30am to 5:30 pm (Monday to Friday except Government Holidays).
Important Date –
Starting Date- 1st September 2016
Last Date -10th October 2016
Official Website – Click Here