The MHT CET stands for Maharashtra Technology Common Entrance Test. This exam was conducted for the admission of applicants in various Engineering Colleges in the state of Maharashtra. the JEE Main was replaced by MH CET. The admission to various engineering colleges will be done through CET marks scored by the applicants. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra is going to conduct the every year entrance exam. All those who are interested will be able to fill the application form from official website as soon as the schedule of the exam is declared on official website. In order to apply you need to be a citizen of India. The exam pattern will help candidate to prepare and plan well in advance before appearing for the examination.
MHT CET 2017 Engineering Eligibility Criteria
The MHT CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
- For apply you need to have completed your Higher Secondary Examination or 12th. Its equivalent exam from a recognized Board.
- candidate need to be a citizen of India to be eligible for the examination.
- The candidate who have secured an aggregate of 50% of marks. For general category and 40% of marks in case of SC/ ST/ PH applicants.
- You should be to be no less than 17 years of age.
- Appliacnt need to have taken Physics, Mathematics,Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology as their subjects.
MHT CET Engineering Application Form
The candidates who have satisfied the eligibility criteria can only apply for the examination. Steps to apply for MHT CET Application Form are as below:
- Applicants have to fill the application form online on the website dte.org.in
- Applicants have to collect the Application Kit from the Junior College as described above as per schedule.
- Click on “Apply Online” and log in using Application Kit Number & Password provided in the Application Kit.
- Applicants will need to fill in your personal, qualification, contact and other details as mentioned in the application form and save it.
- After filling the application form you will need to upload your recent scanned passport size photograph, signature and confirm the Online Application Form.
- To take two printout of the form duly signed by the parents and submit it to your respective college or school.
Engineering Exam Pattern
The details of the MHT CET 2017 Pattern given below.
- The total duration of the MHT CET exam is 3 hours.
- The question paper comprises of 200 multiple choice objective type questions.
- One mark will be get for each correct answer.
The structure of for MT CET is as follows:
|Phy and Chem||50+50 = 100 marks||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Math||100 marks||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Total||200 marks||3 hours|
Engineering Exam MHT CET 2017 Dates
|MHT CET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online Registration and filling of Application Form||1st week of March, 2017|
|Schedule for Fee Acceptance at SBI Bank, through Computer Generated Challan||1st week of March, 2017|
|Issue of Admit Cards (Online)||Last week of April, 2017|
|MHT CET Date of Exam||1st week of May, 2017|
|Exam Centre||As indicated in Admit Card||Period for submission of certificates or documents which will be asked by the notification to be published by on the official website||2nd week of May 2017||Online display of Question Paper Booklets of each version||3rd week of May 2017||Online Display of Provisional Keys of each version on website||3rd week of May, 2017||OMR Answer Sheets will be available on website||Last week of May, 2017||Last date of Online submission of objections on Question Paper, Answer Key or Typographic errors||Last week of May, 2017||Declaration of Provisional MHT CET 2017 Result /Marks||1st week of June, 2017||Last Date of Submission of Application form for Verification of Marks at office of the Divisional authority||within Four days of declaration of result||Declaration of Merit List on or before||3rd week of June 2017||Downloading of Marksheet from website||3rd week of June 2017|
MHT CET 2017 Engineering Reservation of Seat
The reserved seats in MT CET are as below:
|Type of Institute/college||Number of Seats in %|
|Seats With Competent Authority||Seats With Other Authorities|
|For Maharashtra Applicants||All India Seats||Institution Level Seats||Minority community/group seats|
|HU Seats||OHU Seats|
|Autonomous Institutes (Government/ Government Aided)||100% (State Level Seats)||Nil||*||Nil|
|BATU||85% seats shall be considered as State level Seats.15% seats shall be reserved for applicants from District of Konkan Region|
|University Managed Institutes/college||100% (State Level Seats)||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Autonomous Unaided Non Minority Institutes||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Autonomous Unaided Non Minority Institutes||65%||15%||20%||Nil|
|Autonomous Unaided Minority Colleges||10% of M.S. Seats||15% of seats Coming under CAP||Maximum 20%||Minimum51%**|
|Non AutonomousUnaided Minority Colleges||70 % ofM.S. Seats$||30 % ofM.S. Seats$|
|Non Autonomous Government, Government Aided Institutes and University Departments.||70%||30%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Non Autonomous Unaided Non– Minority Colleges/ institute||70 % of(65 % seats of SI)||30 % of (65 % seats of SI)||15 %||20 %||Nil|
|ICT, Mumbai||70% (State Level Seats)||30%||Nil||Nil|
Note – We would recommend you to wait for the official notification for MHT CET Engineering Exam details. Stay connected with us for more updates.