IISER Pune Admission 2017 for Ph.D –
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune has released notification for admission to PhD Programme in Biology, Ecology & Evolution, Chemistry, Earth & Climate Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics starting from January 2017. Details of IISER Pune Ph.D Admission January 2017 such as Registration form, eligibility criteria, admission process and other important information
IISER Pune Admission 2017
IISER Pune admits candidates to doctoral programme in Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Sciences, Physics and inter-disciplinary areas of research. The schedule for IISER Pune Ph.D Admission 2017 for the programme commencing in January 2017 is given below. Candidates are advised to read carefully all the eligibility criteria and other details before submit the Registration form. After the last date, all Registrations will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
Schedule for the IISER Pune Ph.D Admission 2017
|Submission of online Registration form starts||07 Oct 2016|
|Last date for submission of Registration form||30 Oct 2016|
|Tentative Date for Interview|
|Biology (Ecology and Evolution)||–|
|Earth and Climate Sciences||–|
Candidates can apply for the IISER, Pune for Ph.D Admission January 2017 starting from January 2017 from the official website on before the last date. Only online Registrations will be accepted. Candidate are advised to check their eligibility and other information before applying online Registration. Candidates can also apply online.
Instructions on filling the form:
- Fill in all details. Items with a indicate compulsory fields.
- Press the “Preview” button to verify if details are correct.
- If fields are left empty the form will not allow submission.
- Only after you have pressed preview, will the “Submit” button appear.
- Press “Submit” for final submission
- In case of any Registration-related queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your Registration number mentioned in the subject line.
(A) Ph.D in Chemistry
Candidates with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in Master’s Degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology or equivalent. Candidates with B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm/M.E/M.Tech/M.Pharm degree satisfying the above criteria of marks can also apply.
Additionally, the candidate MUST have qualified any ONE of the following exams:-
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) with VALID CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF
- CSIR/UGC NET-LS (Date of passing should be in Year 2016/2017)
- INSPIRE-PhD fellowship (Should possess Provisional Selection Letter at the time of Interview)
- JEST* or GATE* qualified
* The scores/ranks MUST be valid at least till 01 February, 2017 OR
- IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree candidates (CGPA >= 7.0)
(B) Ph.D in Earth & Climate Science
The Earth and Climate Science program at the IISER Pune invites Registrations from highly motivated candidates for admissions to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme for the session January 2017.
Research Areas: Glaciology and Climate Science.